MPN Patch Note Roundup May 23rd - 29th
- Feature: Arena Contract 3: Club Advent
- Feature: Boon Tokens, earned by completing Arena stages on higher difficulties and by hunting special
- enemies during infinite waves. You'll spend them at the Fence and the Skin Picker, both accessed after Contract 3.
- Feature: You can now hire and summon Status Quo minions during missions. The upgrade terminal is located in the Dormatory. This feature is available after Contract 2 (so, most of you have it already).
- Feature: Skin Picker enabled in the new HQ Loft (unlocked after Contract 3), allowing you to modify your and your hirelings' appearances...for a price. Keep track of this space for other goodies over time!
- Added: FNF reference. Are we popular yet?
- Added: Testing a new reflecive effect on the "glass" surfaces of outfit pieces (Shades, Goggles, etc.). Not everything will shine the same way. Still a work in progress, especially on glasses (where it tends to be too obvious)
- Added: Your selected stage difficulty is locked in for every Arena stage you play. Changing difficulties will reset you to Wave 0 on that stage.
- Tweak: Playground now uses the new Skin Picker system when you morph into different units. This will fix alternate parts (zombie heads, etc.) that stayed with you when you swapped back to a normal unit.
- Tweak: Colorizer can be used to adjust the gear on your Hirelings now.
- Tweak: AAHW Half Mags will fire off the charge-up animation before doing their insane punch attack, and it will be less accurate if you're moving.
- Tweak: Waves won't spawn units into a room if too many from that wave are still alive, but now waves will count ALL members of their faction when deciding to spawn, regardless of how they got there. This will need testing, especially in the Story Campaign!
- Tweak: Better AI if they have the ThrowOften behavior. They'll only toss guns when they're outta ammo now. Also, helped AI know the difference between having the ShurrikenThrow skill and the ThrowOften behavior. Sanford should stop throwing guns now.
- Tweak: Colorizer scales prices based on the tier of the item being colorized.
- Tweak: Melee and unarmed strikes only regenerate Tac-Bar on crits, but they'll recharge more of it. Thrown melee weapons will also now recharge Tac-Bar as well.
- Tweak: Leap-attack units (Abominations, etc.) will now deal hit damage if they fail their grapple due to a target's size or being occupied in another grapple or execute.
- Fixed: Heatseeking "thrown" weapons (Church's Shock Bolt, Crackpot's Magic Bolt) weren't finding a target to lock onto.
- Fixed: Punch Ablation + Enervation skills weren't happening at the right time.
- Fixed: A small amount of your Unarmed XP was being counted as Melee, sometimes.
- Fixed: Minor error where enemies with infinite ammo would try to draw from a personal stockpile of ammo that didn't exist, which would break their ability to reload. Shouldn't ever come up naturally in the game, but could be provoked in Playground.
- Fixed: AAHW Mags and Gil were not executing their target when grabbing behind themselves.
- Fixed: Removed a few tester characters from the Playground spawn menu.
- Fixed: You could screw up the final scene of the Outskirts Truck Chase by leaping off the back just before cutting to the boulder scene.
- Fixed: No more Hank with white gloves. This should stop Arena characters from losing all future texture and mesh alterations bought at the Colorizer, too.
- Fixed: The "I'm talking" radar effect over characters' heads could become permanent under the right conditions. Those conditions should be resolved.
- Fixed: Swapping between certain scenes could cause your music to restart the current track from scratch. Now it continues where it left off. This change may cause musical errors - keep an eye out for us please!
- Fixed: Light Swing skill was applying to pistol whips.
NOTE: This is a big update with some fixes to MAJOR core engine details! This means (say it with me now): THERE WILL BE BUGS!
- Added: More skins to Skin Picker.
- Tweak: Difficulty affects how expensive it is to skip Arena checkpoints in a stage.
- Fixed: Buying up Checkpoints in an Arena stage and then backing out of the menu would reset your difficulty to the last difficulty you'd played.
- Added: Swatch Inverter added to Colorizer/Skin Picker. Once you've bought a two-tone swatch, you can swap which color goes onto which part of your gear/body. This feature needs testing, so please go nuts and report bugs!
- Added: More swatches.
- Tweak: Precision Shooter skill now also lets you instantly drain enemy Tac-Bars when they're in your Sweet Spot, rather than wait for the bar to drain.
- Tweak: Small bonus to Cash/XP for playing stages on higher difficulties.
- Tweak: Lowered cost to skip checkpoints.
- Tweak: No summoning Troopers into the Sleepwalker Tutorial stage. You can still bring in your Hirelings, though.
- Fixed: Skin changes weren't showing up on your character or Hirelings as they take the helicopter to/from missions.
- Fixed: Tier 0 gear was uncolorizable because there was no cost to tint them, and the game didn't know what to do with that.